Award Winning Interior Design Service
With over 10 years experience, Sam has established a creative North London Design Studio. Specialising in interior design, bespoke furniture, project management and architectural services.
The studio prides itself on providing excellent knowledge of design, resulting in beautiful home renovations that charm and inspire.
We tailor every project to suit the needs of the client, sympathetically guiding them through the process from start to finish.
We truly understand the importance of utilising of every space to its full potential, and with the help of computer software, we have innovative ways to bring these ideas to life.
People are what drives our business, the feedback we receive from our clients inspires us to continue to create unique, stunning homes to be proud of.
Patience Designs of Bounds Green and Highgate, London, UK, January 12, 2019 – has won “Best Of Customer Service on Houzz®, the leading platform for home renovation and design. The innovative North London design firm was chosen by the more than 35 million monthly unique users that comprise the Houzz community from among more than one million active home building, renovating and design industry professionals.
“We love working alongside our clients to create excellent design solutions, hopefully we can work with you next!”
“Anyone building, renovating or decorating looks to Houzz for the most talented and service-oriented professionals” said Andrew Small, Managing Director of Houzz UK.
“We’re so pleased to recognise Patience Designs, voted one of our “Best Of Houzz” professionals by our enormous community of homeowners and design enthusiasts actively renovating and decorating their homes.”
Follow Patience Designs on Houzz http://www.houzz.co.uk/pro/patiencedesigns/
- Interior design consultation
- Project management
- Bespoke Furniture design, manufacture and fitting
- Architectural services
- Mrs Rexer, MaryleboneRelationship: Interior design clientProject Date: Septmeber 2016Project Price: £10,000 – £50,000Sam comes across as thoughtful, respectful and focused on you getting a great outcome for all the items in the room. He will go to great lengths to help you find the right item or finish and is happy to visit or receive calls at hours that fit around you as a client.
- Mr Forgacs, IslingtonRelationship: Interior design clientProject Date: May 2015Project Price: £10,000 – £99,999We first met Sam Patience when he was working on bedroom design for John Lewis and we were delighted with his ideas and approach. He was imaginative but also practical and the wardrobes that we now have are just perfect. It was to Sam that we turned - but now independently from JL - a year or so later when we needed a radical redesign to a second bedroom. Just as before he listened to what we thought we needed, guided us into seeing different ways of what was possible in the space. I think his attention to detail has been amazing. He even agreed to meet us in store when we were deciding on colours of wardrobe doors, carpets, headboards and window coverings. He is very approachable, friendly, delightfully irreverent but above all he is truly professional; he delivers on what he promises and to a very high standard. I like to write balanced reviews but neither my wife nor I can think of a single negative point to make about Sam. Even his fees are very reasonable.
- Greta Kemper, Dollis HillRelationship: ClientProject Date: Nov 2018Project Price: > than £100,000We would wholeheartedly recommend Sam to anyone! We wanted a ground floor kitchen extension - a big project for us - and were concerned about getting the result we wanted, so needed an experienced design and project manager. Sam helped us to design and choose everything - the kitchen units, paint colours, the flooring, furniture and designed the bespoke cupboards. Sam was only interested in getting the best options for us. When we had chosen something he still researched better options based on his previous experience. For example, he found a better quality and looking flooring option, also when we decided at short notice to have a downdraft extractor he spent time researching and sourcing the quietist and cheapest option. Even after we had paid his final bill he still chased some outstanding items for us without being asked. We didn’t end up with the result we originally intended, we ended up with something much better thanks to Sam. We are very happy with it!
- Cliff Hall, HighgateRelationship: ClientProject Date: May 2017Project Price: > than £100,000Sam has transformed what was a tired and dated mansion flat into an ultra-modern living space which we love. The project involved a complete renovation and implementing a home automation system to run lighting, heating and digital music system in every room. His attention to detail and design aesthetics is remarkable. In every room and space in the house Sam took my vague ideas and developed them into practical, workable solutions which look stunning. In completing the renovation, Sam dealt with a wide range of contractors and suppliers, some of which proved to be very challenging. Sam managed the logistics and project flow brilliantly and was on site and in communication each and every day - problem solving, adapting, and making adjustments to ensure that everything progressed smoothly. The results speak for themselves and I could not have chosen a better designer. I recommend him warmly and hope you are lucky enough to secure his services.
- Mr Jalota, IslingtonRelationship: Interior design clientProject Date: December 2016Project Price: £10,000 – £49,000I found Sam at Patience Designs through the houzz website. I was looking for someone who could help me with my apartment refurb, with a vision to go for a contemporary, chic style design. I really liked the photos of Sam's previous projects and so met him at my apartment. He was instantly very warm, and I knew he would be someone I could trust on the project. He then came up with several designs and suggestions; some I liked a lot, some not so much. However, together we were able to brainstorm and make decisions collectively and that was the best thing about Sam - however many times I changed my mind about something, nothing ever was a problem for him. Sam is a great designer, who I would recommend anyone to work with on their projects. He is efficient and works within your deadlines and budgets; he is very amenable and pleasant to deal with; and above all he is very creative, with a fine eye for detail. I could not be happier with the outcome of my project!
- Mr Atkin, FinchleyRelationship: ClientProject Date: March 2018Project Price: > than £100,000I found Sam through a personal recommendation, having seen some of his other work which I loved. I had already begun a complex ground floor rear extension and loft conversion, so Sam had the difficult task of coming up with ideas for composition and layout, all in a tight timeframe due to the build already progressing quickly. Having now completed my development, I can say Sam has far exceeded my expectations and I would unreservedly recommend him. My only regret is that I didn't ask for his help earlier in the build. I never intended to have an interior designer, as thought I had a clear design vision, but Sam changed my perception of what a designer brings. His approach was holistic, from thinking about how to use the space and suggesting design features through to textures and colours to bring it to life. Sam never pushed too hard in one direction and provided illustrations and source material to guide my thinking. He always worked within my budget and actually found ways to achieve a result beyond my expectations, for less money. I completely trusted Sam to alter designs to better use our space. Some examples of his influence are: - I planned to have a separate utility room next to the kitchen, but Sam cleverly incorporated the washing machine, dryer and clothes hanging space within the kitchen units to create clean lines and a much more open feel in the kitchen/diner. - Sam changed the island dimensions to create more balanced working spaces and walkways. - Sam changed the direction of door hanging to ensure maximum feeling of space and completely designed the lighting scheme. He also assisted on floor choice (we went with engineered oak) to provide a more luxurious feel and prepare for the 2nd fix. Overall, I am delighted with his work and will absolutely use him again on my next project.